If you received a door hanger, then YES, we are giving away free trees! In partnership with CalFire and California Climate Investments, we are offering this program only in your neighborhood.
There will be community planting days on August 5-6th, 2023 in conjunction with our Treetopia event. Treetopia is a 3-day tree festival happening at Alden Park and ALL are invited to join 🙂
If you would like to participate in this program, please sign up in the form in the link below:
What to Expect
- Fill out the form.
- We will reach out and schedule an appointment with one of our Arborists to determine the right tree species in the right place.
- Prior to the planting date, we will schedule 811 Dig to make sure there are no underground utilities.
- There will be a community tree planting date on Saturday or Sunday (Aug 5 or 6) in conjunction with our Treetopia event at Alden park.
- We will ensure your trees are well-established for 2 years.
- We will train on the best pruning and care practices so your tree thrives for years to come!
What size tree are you planting?
We are planting trees from 15 gallon sized containers. Approximately 8-10 feet tall.
What tree species can I plant?
The tree species selections are as follows:
- Blue Oak, Quercus douglasii
- Cork Oak, Quercus suber
- Village Green Sawleaf Zelkova, Zelkova serrata ‘Village green”
- Siberian Elm, Ulmus pulmila
If there is another tree species you would like to plant, as long as at mature size they are medium to large trees then we can see if available.
Since this planting is part of a CalFire grant, we are limited to what we can plant. Small or ornamental trees do not qualify.
Who is planting the tree?
We are coordinating a community planting day in your neighborhood from Aug 4-6th. We will have volunteer groups helping with each group being led by an Arborist. We will be training on how to plant and how to best care for your tree.
What if I don’t have irrigation to the tree?
If you don’t have irrigation to the tree, we will provide “tree gators” which are water bags that are placed around the trunk of the tree and will need to be refilled every 2-3 weeks throughout the summer.
What if my tree dies?
We will guarantee the survivability of your tree for the first 2 years and will replace it for free if it dies.
Why are you giving away trees?
As part of our mission to give back and positively impact our communities, we’ve partnered with Sonoma Ecology Center (a local non-profit) on a CalFire grant to help partially fund tree planting in your neighborhood.